



corbin began tiny tot soccer last week, and it's been a wild ride. i anticipated the bunch ball but not how entertaining it would be for us as fans. first of all, corbin insists on wearing his socks under his shin guards and his shin guards over the tops of his cleats. add in his camo shorts (they're green and he's heavily into ninja turtles right now) and he vaguely resembles a soccer player. now add in the two child phenoms that play on his team. (they are 3 and yet they can actually dribble, play defense, and score at will) corbin's role is more supportive ie: chasing along side his teammates, giving us high-fives everytime they score, performing victory dances complete with ninja kicks and reporting back to us on how many times he has kicked the ball that day. he regularly runs off the field to check out the pictures we shoot with the camera and camcorder. i am loving this soccer mom gig.
5 comments:
We want to see these Ninja Kicks! How impressive. That cracks me up about his ensemble, those are the kids we use to laugh at because they did not know any better, but Corbin is just starting a cool new trend! I can't wait for those days. Please post videos of those celebreation dances for us. Love you guys!
You were so destined to be a soccer mom!
Jamie, I love it!! So cute and funny, what a cute boy. I can't believe that he is still doing the ninja thing and hasn't moved onto something else, so fun!!
So cute! Thanks for the birthday present! You're so creative! Glad to hear we got 1 soccer player in the family so far...hopefully the rest will follow suit:)
I concur that those ninja kicks are first rate as well as the "I did it, I did it" no matter who scores. What a hoot - love it! Definately worth a trip to UT!
Grandparenthood is awesome.
Love those p-tons,
Mom
Post a Comment